Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Directly responsible for the daily operations and staff supervision of multiple business units or a highly complex site with a large number of providers and staff. Ensures professional and technical operation of clinical unit with high complexity and that all policies and procedures are followed on a day-to-day basis. May supervise other Practice Managers. Responsible for the overall independent management of the business units in accordance with Clinic Initiatives: Physician Satisfaction, Co-Worker Satisfaction, Patient Satisfaction, Quality, and Business Performance.
1. Practice Operations a. Oversees functions of practice b. Leads practice use of business software c. Communicates regularly with physicians and staff d. Demonstrates basic knowledge of facility management e. Attends and participates in clinic manager meetings and department meetings
2. Human Resources a. Selects and supervises support staff b. Completes and delivers annual performance reviews c. Provides orientation and training d. Oversees staffing functions e. Coordinates co-worker engagement plans as defined by Mercy
3. Financial Management a. Practice budget b. Uses financial reports to improve practice financial outcomes c. Oversees billing practices
4. Physician Support a. Serves as physician advocate b. Supports physician practice development c. Manages appointment schedules to promote patient access d. Supports physician success reaching organizational targets
5. Patient Safety and Satisfaction, Organizational Compliance a. Manages the practice to promote patient safety and satisfaction b. OSHA training c. HIPAA compliance d. Payor compliance e. Corporate compliance Qualifications:
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Experience: 8 or more years experience supervisory in a physician or medical office required. Other: Extensive knowledge of managed care billing practices required. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Preferred Education: Master’s degree
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Experience: 8 or more years experience supervisory in a physician or medical office required.
Other: Extensive knowledge of managed care billing practices required. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Preferred Education: Master’s degree
Mercy, named one of the top five large U.S. health systems in 2016 by Truven, an IBM company, serves millions annually. Mercy includes 45 acute care and specialty (heart, children’s,orthopedic and rehab) hospitals, more than 700 physician practices and outpatient facilities, 40,000 co-workers and more than 2,000 Mercy Clinic physicians in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Mercy also has outreach ministries in Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.