The Manager of Patient Access is considered a leadership position that provides support, direction, and focus for the staff involved in all areas of patient access. The Patient Access Manager works collaboratively with the facility service departments, referring providers, and patients to facilitate ease of access to services provided by the facility. This position is responsible for the staffing, and management of daily activities to produce successful outcomes of all patient encounters. This position measures productivity and outcomes. Managers are expected to monitor adherence and compliance to CHRISTUS standards, directives, regulatory requirements and other guidance that mandates requirements governing such processes. This position also works to ensure that financial performance objectives are achieved that are related to revenue cycle initiatives. The Manager of Patient Access is expected to maintain effective professional relationships with other department leadership, share ideas, and implement actions related to the patient access functions. The ability to communicate effectively with all types of people at all levels is critical. This position is expected to provide the leadership needed to promote a team work environment.
Patient Access is responsible for encounter creation management to include scheduling functions, pre-registration, registration, insurance verification, pre-certification and authorization, calculation of reimbursement and patient responsibility, collection, posting, reconciliation, and successful billing. Numerous regulatory requirements are included in all these process and Management is expected to monitor for compliance.
· Bachelor degree, business related preferred or equivalent hospital leadership experience required.
· Must have extensive knowledge in all areas of Patient Access functions, including registration, reimbursement/payer guidelines, and billing and collection processes.
· Knowledge of governmental, federal, state and local regulations related to admissions.
· Must have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of associates.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
· Must have practical knowledge of common office software applications including Power Point, Excel, Word, etc.
· Minimum of 8 years management experience within the healthcare industry to include:
· Knowledge of inpatient and outpatient scheduling
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.