Under the direction of the supervisor, staff member is responsible for basic food preparation according to cycle menu, patient diet order communication, tray assembly, and tray passing/pick-up. Follow patient meal service requirement in providing nourishments/snacks. Crossed training in dish room/ware washing for coverage as scheduled. Compliance to Quality Performance, food safety, and safe handling procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepares cold food production such as sandwiches, desserts, and gelatin as required for service.
2. Communicates with nursing staff and co-workers with patient dietetic tray service.
3. Prepares daily nourishments for eachÂ floor. Keeps nourishment room stocked/rotate as needed.
4. Communicates phone messages to process any diet changes, late meal trays, and timely meal service.
5. Works in dishroom/warewashing as scheduledÂ and assist with equipment storage and supplies.