Pre Admission Nurse assembles the Patient Chart and makes Pre-Admission telephone call to patients prior to their date of surgery. Position is 90% non-direct patient care. Nurse verifies documents for specific surgery and checking for appropriateness. The forms that are printed according to the Procedure Code are placed in the chart and as well as any lab, EKG, test results sent over by the surgeons office.
The staffing of the Center is based on a teamwork concept. Employees may be cross-trained in other clinical areas and may be expected to perform duties other than their normal ones as staffing and patient needs change.
1. Ensures that the assigned work area is clean, orderly, and ensures that all patient data is collected and stored according to HIPPA requirements.
2. Organizes chart according to basic contents as well as additional pertinent data from the Surgeons office including Orders, Lab results, EKG results
3. Reports abnormal findings to Surgeon as soon as possible
4. Conducts Pre-Admission phone call to patient, introducing themselves and explaining the purpose of call is to remind them of important information such as NPO status, need for a responsible designated driver to accompany them home, need to bring current medication list and/or reminder to take meds such as BP pill, or Antibiotic as ordered by surgeon
5. Assists with staffing in Pre-Op/PACU as needed
6. Gives patients and family members emotional support as necessary
7. Performs other nursing duties as assigned
8. Maintains established Center/departmental policies and procedures
9. Maintains confidentiality of patient and Center related business
10. Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with patients, families, visitors and other Center employees
11. Documents concisely, precisely and accurately on all records or documents as indicated by policy.
12. Participates in Quality Assessment activities as directed for the continuous improvement of patient care and Center business
1. Ability to adequately assess, diagnose, plan and implement nursing interventions and evaluate patient condition
2. Compliance with the attendance policy
3. Compliance with continuing and mandatory education programs
4. Practices nursing within the scope of the Nurse Practice Act and accepts responsibility and accountability for own actions
5. Possesses appropriate communication skills to practice collaborative nursing
6. Ability to respond quickly, physically and mentally when priorities and /or the patient's condition changes
1. Graduate of an accredited school of vocational nursing school
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.