With facilities across the West, there is something for everyone at Banner Health - from the bustling urban medical center to the friendly small-town hospital. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health has both the stability that comes with success and the values you can be proud to represent.
The Trauma Quality Specialist role is a unique role. In this position you will review trauma patient cases daily to ensure adherence to standard guidelines and practices. You will work closely with our Surgeons and Physician providers, while also working independently.
Ideal candidates will have at least 3 years of Critical Care and Emergency Department trauma experience and a BSN is required. For questions or more information please contact Christen Files at email@example.com
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
A 378-bed Level II trauma center and acute care facility with over 3000 employees, North Colorado Medical Center is the largest hospital in the region. As a regional medical center, we provide community-based and specialty services for a service area that includes southern Wyoming, western Nebraska, western Kansas and northeastern Colorado. In order to provide the most compassionate and innovative care possible, we bring together state-of-the-art technology and an exceptional team of health care professionals. For the healthcare professional, our Greeley, Colorado location offers access to a wide variety of recreational activities in an inviting, close-knit community.
POSITION SUMMARY This position plans, coordinates, implements and evaluates facility and/or system-wide quality/performance improvements, patient safety programs, and/or coordinates compliance and regulatory programs for preparedness and accreditation requirements. The position works closely with system initiatives. All work processed by the incumbent is considered confidential and protected from discovery, pursuant to state statutes.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Coordinates investigation, analysis, and responds to quality/patient safety issues, events, significant care issues or trends. Leads and/or facilitate root cause analysis, failure modes and effects analysis, and process improvement, working with multidisciplinary teams.
2. Develops and analyzes data for administrative and clinical decision making, as well as regulatory requirements. Coordinates implementation of data collection processes: provide analysis, summary, research and benchmarking. Prepares and present reports for appropriate facility, system, and other external agencies. Provides oversight to projects including data abstracting and data entry as appropriate.
3. Serves as a resource and leads and/or facilities task forces to plan, implement and coordinate facility activities to maximize service quality, effectiveness and efficiency. Collaborates with key stakeholders to evaluate, plan and implement process improvements and patient safety programs across the facility and/or system.
4. Supports implementation of facility quality and patient safety goals, policies, procedures, and activities designed to meet the requirements of regulatory and accrediting agencies such as JCAHO, CMS, DHS, and the peer review organizations.
5. Acts as consultant and educator in program development and special projects as determined by their supervisor.
6. Participates in implementation of evidence-based practices at the facility or system level.
7. May coordinate peer review activities for physicians and other healthcare providers and provide information for departmental improvement activities, credentialing, and reappointment.
8. In some roles, this position may supervise professional staff.
9. Responsibilities cross all levels of internal customers including the department, facility and system, and external customers including but not limited to the medical staff, the community, regulatory bodies and state agencies. For those positions directly supervising professional employees, the position has full authority for employment actions including selection, training, coaching, and performance reviews.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent in nursing or other healthcare related field and either an RN license in state worked OR a clinical background with current license/certification or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically attained with five years acute care clinical experience.
Requires ability to perform complex statistical analysis and highly developed problem solving skills. Requires the ability to manage programs and projects. Requires demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and written communication skills.
Registered Nurse (RN) license preferred. Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) certification is preferred. Experience with process improvement, regulatory/accreditation programs, data management, and analysis including graphic development and presentations is highly desirable
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R8740
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.