Your Journey with us began the moment you made the choice to seek a career with Banner Health. Whether you are just beginning your career or your Journey has spanned 30 years, Banner's employer commitment is: "We'll help make a difference in your life and career so you can make a difference in the lives of others."
In this role, you will assist the Telehealth Behavioral Department and ED's across the Banner system in completing crisis assessments for patients and making recommendations to providers for the patient's appropriate level of care. Prior experience in crisis evaluations and current licensure by the Board of Behavioral Health is required. LCSW and prior hospital experience is preferred.
This is a full time, night shift position: 3 12's or 4 10's, with rotating weekend coverage.
Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential shift differential when applicable.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Health leverages telehealth technology to improve patient care and support the rapid changes within the health care environment. Regardless of patient location, The Banner telehealth team responds to requests for help from bedside care teams, monitors for adverse trends and intervenes before adverse trends become adverse outcomes, monitors and supports "best practice" compliance and measures clinical outcomes.
POSITION SUMMARY This position assesses and coordinates behavioral health care to ensure the most appropriate level of care in accordance with all state and federal regulations as well as company policies and procedures. This position provides crisis assessment and support to patients and family members who are experiencing serious psychological or psychoactive substance abuse disorders. This position communicates effectively with multidisciplinary teams within organization and outside agencies.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs emergent/non-emergent behavioral health assessment of mental health and psychoactive substance abuse patients. Makes recommendations regarding patient's level of care needs and resources. Coordinates inpatient and outpatient admissions or alternate level of care facilities. Provides crisis stabilization therapy or intervention therapy skills during critically changing behavioral situations. Coordination with the patient's family, attending physician, or other hospitals and agencies may be required.
2. Conducts assessments in collaboration with other healthcare professionals as necessary to develop clinically safe patient dispositions according to state regulations.
3. Documents complete, accurate and timely in the medical record. Depending on assignment, incumbents with a current RN License may take Doctor's orders.
4. Conducts initial utilization review by obtaining treatment authorizations as appropriate with representatives of managed care or other necessary agencies/individuals. Documents accurately and coordinates with patient financial services and payers regarding treatment authorized.
5. Identifies the full spectrum of mental health disorders as listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) and is knowledgeable of all state and federal protocols that pertain to the treatment/transfer of psychiatric patients.
6. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
7. Responds within hospital bylaws to requests for assessment and consultations within organization. Provides emergency interventions and makes disposition recommendations to medical staff.
8. May be accountable for external patient placement, advocacy assistance and support to patients and families. Collaborates with all memebers of the healthcare team to develop, manage and communicate discharge plans.
9. This position is responsible for behavioral health assessments within organization. Internal customers: all levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team. External customers: physicians, payers, community agencies, provider networks and regulatory agencies.
Must possess a strong knowledge of counseling, psychotherapy or clinical social work as normally obtained through the completion of a master's degree or other health care related field.
Requires BLS (BLS is not required for employees working in Telehealth Behavioral Health Services).
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 2 years clinical experience. As required by state law, a licensure or acquired licensure within 6 months of assuming position in at least one of the following categories: social work, professional counseling or marriage and family (certification requires two years post graduate experience in a mental health setting or equivalent combination of education and documented supervised clinical experience). Requires extensive knowledge in the areas of psychotherapy, counseling or clinical social work. Must have a working knowledge of hospital operations, medical/nursing staff procedures, hospital and community resources. Excellent organizational, human relations, and communication skills are required to maintain good rapport and effective working relationships with internal and external customers. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Crisis & Intake Therapist in the specialty area.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R7656
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.