Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Hendersonville
Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Co-workers that feel like family
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Routinely patrols buildings and grounds of hospital, medical office buildings, and off-site property as directed.
· Performs proactive monitoring of and timely responses to potential/actual security threats and all alarms
· Maintains knowledge/follows policies and procedures regarding alarms and emergency/disaster preparedness plans. Assists in facilitating planned drills and simulations
· Provides information and assistance to staff and visitors to promote safety
· Documents and manages security reports and records and conducts follow up as assigned
· Locks and unlocks doors according to schedule. Ensuring all doors are locked after hours
· Responds to emergency calls for assistance to control disorderly conduct or combative patients, visitors, and/or staff
· Follows facility protocol and NC General Statutes in all patient Involuntary Commitment situations.
· Responds to and assists with required code activity
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Enforce parking policy
· Use and monitoring of hospital CCTV systems
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum of 21 years of age
Three years of security, law enforcement, emergency medical services (EMS), firefighting, military role experience or other acceptable combination of training and experience
International Association of Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) Basic Certification (or obtained within six months of hire)
CPR and AED Certification (or obtained within six months of hire)
A valid NC or SC driver’s license in good standing
Associate degree or Technical degree in a related field, or combination of High School diploma and related experience preferred.
National Emergency Preparedness and National Incident Management System (NIMS) experience preferred
Provides security services to ensure a safe environment for staff, patients and visitors. Investigates, documents and manages security incidents and hazards
Internal Number: 21000513
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.