Great careers are built at Banner Health . We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Become an important part of an amazing Facilities Team that manages Banner Gateway Medical Center in Gilbert, Arizona . The ideal Associate Manger will have strong leadership skills, experience in various trades and healthcare facilities. As a Associate Manager for Facilities Operations you will be coordinating and managing day to day operations using our work order system to meet and exceed the needs of our customers. You will have oversight of our tradesmen and maintenance professionals. Working knowledge and experience with CMMS, Troubleshooting Skills, and understanding of hospital codes and regulations is highly preferred . If you aspire to lead a team and support our customers and patients, apply today!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY The position is responsible for daily facilities operations, which includes workflow and operational integrity of the facility and its equipment. This position supervises the assigned department staff ensuring all tasks are completed timely and accurately, lending expertise when needed.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Hires, trains, and conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow for staff. This position is also accountable for participating in the development and implementation of department goals and objectives. Ensures all goals and objectives are met and ensures regulatory compliance for all assigned responsibilities and equipment.
2. Assists the Manager and/or Director in working with department personnel on departmental budgetary planning and management for budgetary control, cost projections, and feasibility for all related activities and projects.
3. Monitors, maintains and ensures adequate stock of supplies, parts, equipment, and fixtures that are necessary to complete work activities and projects necessary to provide a safe, healthy and healing healthcare environment and that meet departmental budgetary constraints.
4. Evaluates and resolves complex infrastructure, utility, personnel, and facilities Services operational related issues or makes recommendations to the department management.
5. Ensures regulatory compliance, and compliance with work standards, codes and safety regulations for the facility. Develops and implements processes for compliance in all areas of responsibility.
6. Interacts and collaborates extensively with facility leaders, medical staff and department management with the implementation of system, facility and departmental initiatives, needs and goals. Supports and assists project management related to system, facility and department strategic initiatives, needs and goals.
7. Provides leadership and directs the work of other department staff in the absence of their direct supervisor(s) or foreman.
8. This position works independently and generally reports to a manager or Director. Develops and implements protocols for compliance of all assigned areas of responsibility including infrastructure, utilities management, life safety, maintenance, and code compliance using sound independent decision making. This position ensures the operational integrity of their assigned facility responsibilities. Ability to respond to rapidly changing and escalating emergent situations with the ability to lead, give direction quickly and provide sound decision making in highly stressful situations. This position is accountable for decisions that impact an entire facility. The span of control is dependent on the situation and ranges from a single department to an entire facility. This position has defined control and responsibility of departmental operational and capital budgetary responsibilities. (Individual operational budgetary responsibilities range from $1M - $13M / year. Individual capital budgetary responsibilities range from $250K - $5M / year). Customers for this position are any patient, visitor, staff, physician or any individual that accesses or uses the facility.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved in five years of progressive experience in facilities services including one year of leadership experience, preferably in health care. Ability to read and interpret blue prints, specifications and related contract regulatory documents. Must possess a thorough working knowledge of building codes, materials and standards. Must have strong mathematical abilities to analyze, evaluate and compute costs, budgets and schedules. Requires strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications. Must be able to work independently and effectively align resources to achieve system goals.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and other related software programs.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Strongly prefer an Associates Degree in facility management or related field. Three or more years of previous supervisory experience. Certified Healthcare Facility Manager. Certified Facility Manager. Any applicable healthcare or industry related certifications or credentials.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R19152
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.