Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
Full Time Nights 3p-11p M-F 40 Hours Per Week. 30 Minute Call Required. 4x10 possible.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Transports patients to the OR suites via stretcher or bed safely
· Performs patient transfers safely from the OR table to stretcher or stretcher to table.
· Follows Patient Identification Policy by validating correct patient, date of birth and scheduled surgery
· Responds to intercom calls in a timely manner (<5min)
· Cleans all Operating Rooms at the beginning of the day and in between cases according the AORN (Association for Operating Room Nurses) recommendations.
· Removes bio hazardous materials in a safe and efficient manner
· Transports surgical specimens to pathology and laboratory after validating specimen with Registered Nurse
· Ensures stock levels of cleaning supplies, scrub sinks and linen are adequate for patient volume
· Tags and Reports malfunctioning equipment according to policy
· Restock and maintains fluid in the fluid warmer by rotation.
· Utilizes critical thinking skills to obtain and assemble the correct bed for the correct procedure to ensure the safety of the patient that will be placed on that bed for surgery.
· Utilizes Critical thinking skills to follow isolation protocols for each patient by type of isolation and surgery.
· Obtains and maintains bed list for surgical schedule by type of bed and unit
· Participates in Code Blue as needed under the direction of anesthesia
· Demonstrates knowledge of gas cylinder types used in the Surgical Setting and maintains to provide a safe environment for the patient.
· Actively participates in the smooth running of the Surgery room to attain Turn Around Time and First Case start goals
· Wipes down all rooms/equipment at the beginning of the shift and facilitates a sterile environment during room turnovers by following established AORN guidelines.
· Demonstrates Surgical Conscious by assisting Registered Nurse in sterile prepping of surgical site.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Must be able to read and write English Language
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School Diploma
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
· Blood and Blood Products Retrieval
· Patient Identification and Transport
· Room Cleaning Process
· Specimen Transport
· Surgical Assistant Skills list (table set-ups, room furniture set-up)
· Isolation Precautions
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities
This position performs as a member of the Operating Room Team by maintaining a clean and safe environment for the patient in the Operating Room while utilizing critical thinking skills to anticipate the needs of the case or the next patient in the room. Provides care to the patient under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.