MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 Americaâ��s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
Under the direction of an R.N. or M.D. and after completion of paramedic competencies, will assist with patient care within their scope of practice. Will be subject to Hospital orientation as established in compliance with JCAHO standards. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients in the following age groups: All ages; Neonates; Infancy; Toddler; Preschool; School age; Adolescent; Adult; Geriatric.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. CLINICAL DUTIES - The Paramedic may assist the RN/MD in the delivery of care for the following measures: a. Intravenous cannulation of the peripheral vein in the arm; b. Administration and monitoring of the IV; c. The performance of CPR; d. Point of care testing; e. Cardiac monitoring and EKGâ��s; f. O2 administration; g. Splinting of non fractures and wound cleaning; h. The reassessment of patients, data collection, and medical record recording; I. The performance of phlebotomy; j. Spine immobilization; k. Vital signs with orthostatics on appropriate patients; l. Peakflow, pulse ox readings; m. Initiates and maintains IV fluids on adult patients, including NMS, D5W, LR, and D51/2 NS; and n. Transport - may transport patients to med/surg, tele, ancillary departs for further diagnostic evaluation. o. Can operate under general ACLS guidelines in absence of RN/MD.
2. COMMUNICATION - Communicates in a professional way with patients, families, and coworkers. Respects confidentiality.
3. DOCUMENTATION - Documents all care delivered accurately and appropriately on patient charts and logs.
4. SAFETY - Maintains universal precautions; identifies situations which place patients, self, and others at risk and takes appropriate measures to ensure safety.
5. DEPARTMENT SUPPORT - Assists staff with routine tasks. Responds promptly to requests.
1. Current Commonwealth of Massachusetts EMT-Paramedic license, CPR, and ACLS required.
2. Minimum of 2 years pre-hospital experience as a licensed Paramedic.
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2105023353
About MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.