Radiology Technologist -Texas Health Mansfield- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location: 2300 Lone Star Road; Mansfield, TX
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Mansfield; Mansfield, TX
Join a family of caregivers focused on whole-person health and committed to making communities healthier.
Provide wholistic care for patients that extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains are available to meet with patients, families and team members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and medical office building that will provide services such as Emergency Services, Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women’s Services, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”. AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new opportunities for employment and professional growth.
Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine as #17 for “Best Places to Live”. Mansfield is one of the fastest growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000 residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%. Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 1000 acres of parkland, quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
What You Will Need:
Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field, or combination of High School degree and related experience required
Performs Radiographic imaging procedures. Positions, moves, and assists patients. Performs clerical duties. Performs basic patient care within scope of practice and to departmental standards. Responsibility to adhere to the Hospital Corporate compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Performs all exams using established protocols. Uses facility policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam. Educates patient concerning exam. Properly screens patients for any contrast allergies
• Performs all types of imaging procedures and operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors, monitors, and medical equipment. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients of all ages, adapting protocols as necessary
• Properly screens patients of childbearing age and operates all imaging equipment in a safe manner minimizing radiation exposure to patients, families, and co-workers. Practices infection control standards and utilizes approved personal protective equipment (PPE) and disinfectant agents. Maintains properly stocked, organized and clean room
• Positions patient and equipment and selects technical factors to produce radiographic images meeting Radiologist’s standards, in a safe, timely manner
• Performs clerical duties, including answering telephones, completing patient record, filing and scheduling
• Performs direct patient care duties, within technologist’s scope of practice. Utilizes proper infection control techniques
• Performs basic patient care, including monitoring of patient condition, caring for patient comfort, safety and privacy. Obtains and documents patient history and explains procedures
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.