Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Hendersonville
Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Co-workers who feel like family
Faith based environment
FT Nights 40 hours per week: 2/8 hour shifts, 2/12 hour shifts
You Will be Responsible for:
· Assists Director with development, implementation and evaluation of policies, standards, educational services, and programs that support the department.
· Assists the Director to monitor/maintain unit compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
· Collaborates with Director to oversee unit PI program that monitors and evaluates aspects of care.
· Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow-through and communication.
· Collaborates with the Director to a service that is consistent with the patient care beliefs and shared management philosophy of the department.
· Rounds with patients/families through leader rounds, lead requests, primary nurse request, or direct family request. Assesses patient/families survey responses regarding nursing care and services.
· Responsible for ongoing development of staff and unit specific patient care programs.
· Shares responsibility with the Director for effective communication horizontally and vertically within the organization
· In collaboration with the Manager/Director, is responsible for effective and efficient fiscal management of department operations to ensure proper utilization of organizational and financial resources (i.e. Productivity management, skill mix, overtime usage, and census fluctuation)
· Manages human resources to ensure quality services and promote positive employee relations.
· Employee performance evaluations completed (administered, signed by the employee and submitted to Human Resources) within a timely manner.
· Effectively conducts counseling, disciplinary and termination sessions as needed, utilizing organizational and management skills. Analyzes performance and prepares evaluations, effectively conducts annual performance reviews for subordinates in accordance with organizational policy and procedure.
· Contributes to the recruitment and retention of employees
· Effectively communicates departmental, organization, and industry information to staff in a timely manner.
· Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job-related hazards.
· Follows the hospitals exposure control plans
· Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
· Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter and intra-departmentally to facilitate the department’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
· Serves as a role model and resource to staff.
· Participates in the development of nursing staff.
· Submits reports and requests for information by established deadlines.
· Maintains current knowledge/certification/licensure per hospital policy. Pursues professional growth and development.
· Participates in Administrative On-Call rotation as assigned.
· Completes other tasks as assigned.
UWhat You Will Need
Thorough understanding of hospital policies, procedures and legal aspects of acute care nursing
Knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
Organizational and multi-tasking skills
Basic computer software experience in MS Word, Excel, Office, and Outlook, including experience with an Electronic Health Record
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
If ADN must enroll in continuous BSN or MSN program within 6 months of hire
A minimum of 3 years recent nursing experience in acute care nursing. Demonstrated leadership skills required.
AHA BLS certification at time of hire
Minimum 3 years of current Labor and Delivery experience required
NRP certification required within 90 days of hire
Fetal Monitoring preferred
Must take call
Five or more years of current clinical experience
Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred or MSN highly preferred
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina
This position plays a key role in emergency in preparedness/response at CTMC, and this position is required to complete the NIMS training courses for Healthcare within 90 days of hire: NIMS 100, 200, 700 & 800 certification.
The Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) is a registered professional nurse who has the most direct impact on the care and services that patients and families require throughout their hospital experience. The Clinical Nurse Leader is directly responsible for the continual operations of a specified nursing unit. The Clinical Nurse Leader is able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines. The Clinical Nurse Leader is skilled in coaching, motivating, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team delivery of services for our patient population. The Clinical Nurse Leader directly monitors that quality care is delivered to our patients and demonstrates effective stewardship of resources. The Clinical Nurse Leader is the change agent for the assigned areas of responsibility and are responsible for implementing any changes that the unit is required to undergo in conjunction with their director. In conjunction with their director. The Clinical Nurse Leader actively participates in outstanding customer services, including service to patients, families, physicians, and other contacts, and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationship that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.