· Take responsibility for decisions, actions and results and deliver on commitments.
· Practice financial responsibility.
· Cooperate and collaborate with team members and others.
· Comply with the Employee Code of Conduct and all other Hospital Institutional Policies and Procedures.
· Demonstrate compliance with all federal, state and local laws; rules and government.
· Demonstrate effective communication skills with all team members, patients and families.
· Maintain satisfactory participation and attendance at required and non-required meetings and staff development programs.
· Promote evidence of adherence to the hospital confidentiality policy
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· One or more years in a clinical/hospital setting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School Diploma
· Must have ability to follow written and verbal instructions effectively.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· One year, or more, experience as a Patient Sitter or Psychiatric Tech
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· AHA BLS
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Entry Level - Maintains current Florida certification, Maintains PCT educational requirements as outlined in the organizational checklists.
The Patient Sitter/Transporter responsibilities include but are not limited to 1. Provides the services of an observer for any patient on a patient care unit who has been assessed to require constant observation in order to maximize his/her safety. 2. Transportation responsibilities include the transportation of patients and patient related equipment with the hospital. The patient transporter role is important to the throughput of patients within the medical center. 3. Obtainment of patient vital signs and bedside glucose readings using appropriate equipment. The needs and concerns of the patients are acknowledged by sensing, helping, acknowledging, respecting, and explaining. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.