Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
This position supports a hybrid working model with a combination of onsite and remote flexibility.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for consolidating and analyzing financial data of assigned departments to support decision making capabilities.
1. Provides financial support for strategic and tactical planning.
2. Provides support in facilitating and assisting financial coordinators and managers in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets.
3. Monitoring of financial performance, achievement of goals and benchmarks, identifying variances, preparing and presenting analyses and reports to Vice President and management team.
4. Monitors and prepares revenue cycle analysis including charge capture, revenue recognition and denial management.
5. Provide recommendations for financial improvement.
6. Translates needs in to analytical support such as reports, scorecards, etc.
7. Facilitate and meaningfully participate in contingency planning and financial forecasting.
8. Collaborates with Financial Coordinators and the VP, Decision Support as required to ensure conformity and compliance with all aspects of financial management.
9. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise
1. Experience in financial analysis and accounting methodologies is required.
2. Experience in healthcare revenue cycle is preferred.