Location: Boise, Idaho
Hospitality, Facility, Environmental Support
St. Luke's Health System in Boise is seeking a Lead Patient Services (F&N) to join our Food and Nutriyion team.
Unit/Position SummaryThe Hospitality Services Sr, under minimal supervision, assists in the service of meals for patients, visitors, and staff by receiving and processing patient's food orders.
- Responsible for the delivery of meals to patients. Oversees the phone system, order input and inspects patient trays to ensure items match menu and instructions.
- Responsible for accuracy of patients food order, in accordance with any prescribed diet limitations and/or allergens. Makes knowledgeable, informed and articulate recommendations and suggestions regarding all menu items.
- Handles complex issues using advanced knowledge of procedures and policies. Refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Adheres to all food hygiene health and safety requirements in order to meet regulatory and company standards.
- Calculates and prepare enteral feeding and infant formulas in accordance with physicians orders.
- Provides service and assistance to patients, staff and other customers in accordance with established dietary and retail cafe policies and procedures.
- Prepares necessary records and reports.
- Leads and mentor others acting as first point of escalation. Participate in interview, training and onboarding process as needed. Participate in performance improvement initiatives as needed.
- Leads established cash handling procedures to ensure compliance for guest transactions and proper charges for guest meals.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 4 years' relevant experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: Must have one of the following licenses or certifications: Experior Food Safety Certification, National Registry of Food Safety Professionals Certification (NRFSP), Food Handlers Certification, Certified Foodservice Professional Program (CFPP), Certified Dietary Manager (CDM), ServSafe Food Safety Certification or National Restaurant Association Certification (NRA)
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.