Location: Morristown, New Jersey
Internal Number: 18174647
Atlantic Health System is Seeking a System Medical Director in the Urgent Care Division for a Great Opportunity in Northern New Jersey
Atlantic Health System (AHS), one of the largest integrated healthcare systems in New Jersey, is seeking a highly motivated and experienced System Medical Director to lead and manage multiple urgent care sites across the organization. The System Medical Director will be responsible for engagement, alignment, and support of Atlantic Urgent Care (AUC), managing Physicians to help AHS achieve its mission and vision, achieve AHS ambulatory goals and performance expectations, and maintain AHS values and behaviors, in collaboration with AUC Leadership, AHS Service Line and AHS leadership.
The ideal candidate for the System Medical Director role will have at least 5 years of experience in healthcare administration with a proven track record of leadership in an urgent care environment. This physician leader will be capable of managing multiple urgent care locations, starting with 12 sites across New Jersey and increasing to 20 by the end of the year. The candidate should also possess extensive knowledge and experience as an emergency medicine physician, with previous experience in managing an urgent care facility, as well as site medical directors and staff. Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills are also essential for this role.
- MD or DO degree
- Board certification in his/her specialty area
- Must be licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of New Jersey
- 5+ years' experience since residency or fellowship and showing experience in leadership
- Proven ability to manage medical directors and/or other senior healthcare leaders
- Experience working in emergency medicine or urgent care settings
- Ability to rotate through multiple sites regularly
- Thorough understanding of healthcare regulations and compliance requirements
- Competitive salary
- Robust benefits with health, dental, Rx and vision plans
- 403b retirement plan with company match
- Reimbursement for Relocation
- Comprehensive Malpractice Policy
- Non-Profit Health System - eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness
- $3500 for Annual CME and Time Off incremental to PTO days
- Full reimbursement for Boards and Licensing fees
- Tuition reimbursement for Advanced Degrees
- Voted "Great Place to Work "- 14 years strong!
- Outstanding growth & mentorship opportunities
To learn more about this position and other opportunities with Atlantic Health System, please send your CV to Lori Velasco, Physician Recruiter at Lori.Velasco@atlantichealth.org.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 14th year in a row to Fortune's "Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For" list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families, and our employees.
Atlantic Medical Group, comprised of 1,000 physicians and advanced practice providers, represents one of the largest multi-specialty practices in New Jersey and joins Atlantic Accountable Care Organization and Optimus Healthcare Partners as part of Atlantic Alliance, a Clinically Integrated Network of more than 2,500 health care providers throughout northern and central NJ.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.