Location: New York, New York
Hospitality, Facility, Environmental Support
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
Service is at the heart of what we do, and we take pride in delivering outstanding customer service and providing a safe, clean, and welcoming environment for our staff. Apply now to join our team as a Jitney Driver and kick start your career!
- Conduct a pre-trip inspection includes listening for irregular sounds in the motor; ensuring the vehicle has a clean exterior, a neat interior, fuel, and other vital fluids, (i.e., Brake, Wind Shield Washer, Power Steering, etc.); and ensuring that all lights, lamps, and signals are functioning accurately.
- Safely transport and deliver staff primarily between the Main Campus, and other various Manhattan MSKCC locations, within twenty-minute runs, and forty-minute round trips.
- Make trips between Main Campus and other locations according to the Jitney Bus Schedule posted in the dispatch office.
- Remain with the Jitney Bus when passengers are on board.
- Retrieve and return the MSK vehicle to/from the designated area on a scheduled workday.
- Keep vehicle clean, orderly, and in good operating condition (e.g. washes the vehicle).
- Report unusual sounds and irregularities in the vehicle's operation, to the Lead Supervisor, immediately.
- Maintain the schedules for vehicle operation as assigned by the departmental lead and supervisor.
- May possess MSK Corporate Credit Card and record transactions in eCommerce system.
Required: CDL Class B licenses.
Defensive Driving Training.
Monday-Friday, 2PM-10PM.. Must be flexible.
Pay Range $22.11-$30.62
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.