All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
- Relocation Bonus ($1,500)*
- Applicable experience required.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
- Must live 50 miles outside of campus address
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: As Needed
The community you’ll be caring for:
• AdventHealth Winter Garden has delivered care to the West Orange County since 2015 and will be expanding to add a 3-floor, 80-bed inpatient tower opening summer 2022, becoming a full-service hospital to serve the community of Winter Garden.
• The AdventHealth Winter Garden tower expansion will include new ancillary and clinical spaces such as an expanded Surgery department, Inpatient Rehab, Inpatient Dialysis, Laboratory, and Imaging services.
• Working at AdventHealth Winter Garden, you’ll be surrounded with a team dedicated to bringing exceptional mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of a growing West Orange County.
• AdventHealth Winter Garden is conveniently located in the Winter Garden Village, minutes from beautiful downtown Winter Garden and nearby Walt Disney World and premier attractions of Orlando.
• AdventHealth Winter Garden offers competitive benefits that support your growth professionally and personally offering debt-free education and competitive benefits from day one.
The role you’ll contribute: Primary responsibility is the provision of central pharmacy and satellite pharmacy operational staffing, integrated clinical and distributive pharmacy services, decentralized pharmacy practice, and direct patient care programs. Performs all duties necessary for the effective daily operation of the central pharmacy, satellite pharmacy areas, and decentralized pharmacy areas. Actively participates in direct patient care programs, drug management services, medication uses systems, and student experiential training throughout the institution. Actively functions as a member of pharmacy practice programs and clinical pharmacy services to proficiently complete critical medication order scrutiny, drug profile review, and monitoring of patients with a broad range of disease states to identify, prevent, or mitigate medication-related problems. Actively participates in medication safety systems, regulatory compliance initiatives, patient quality services, and disease outcomes programs. Delivers medication therapy management consult services as needed and proactively intervenes in all areas of medication use as appropriate to optimize patient outcomes. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
- Pharmacy Operations – Actively performs all pharmacist functions, actively participates in established standard work parameters, and maintains functional proficiency in and actively provides coverage of central pharmacy and satellite areas as requested. Provides primary coverage of pharmacy dispensing areas and staffing in operational programs. Maintains operational expertise in, actively provides coverage of, and proactively leads the services provided by central pharmacy, IV room pharmacy, and satellite pharmacy areas. Oversees and ensures appropriate utilization of medication automation, technology, and computer systems. Accurately oversees the management of medication inventories and the preparation and dispensing of patient-specific medication doses. Supervises technician and intern practice, prioritizes work load, organizes work flow, and checks accuracy of pharmacy technician activities.
- Pharmacy Practice – Completes critical medication order scrutiny, drug profile review, and patient monitoring to identify, prevent, or mitigate medication-related problems. Proficiently verifies/enters medication orders and proactively communicates with medical staff to resolve problem medication orders. Provides patient-centered care services, including accurate, safe and timely medication therapy, and promotes cost-effective drug therapy, including actively participating in stewardship activities and restricted medication/surveillance programs. Initiates and facilitates appropriate drug dosing and manages medication-related pharmacist consults. Facilitates medication safety practices, including identifying, mitigating, and reporting potential and actual adverse drug events, adverse drug reactions, and medication errors. Participates in the management of medical emergencies. Maintains continuous learning and pharmacy practice development.
- Clinical Pharmacy Services – Actively participates in direct patient care programs and provides accurate, safe, timely, and appropriate medication therapy based on patient needs. Works as an active member of pharmacy clinical programs and collaborates with healthcare providers and decentralized pharmacy staff, and places practice priority on the delivery of patient-centered care. Provides coverage of decentralized pharmacy areas and maintains proficiency to practice in several decentralized patient care areas and practice assignments.
- Teaching, Training, Precepting, and Mentoring – Mentors new staff and assists with training of all staff as requested. Supports experiential training of pharmacy trainees and mentor’s pharmacy students (IPPE and APPE) as requested. Demonstrates desire and aptitude for teaching and maintains competency in quality preceptor attributes including the roles of a preceptor. Completes preceptor skills assessment and development programs. Delivers effective evidence-based education to nurses, pharmacists, and pharmacy technicians.
- Quality Improvement, Regulatory Compliance, and Accreditation – Provides quality improvement initiatives to improve medication-related processes, pharmacy systems, or patient care programs. Provides regulatory compliance initiatives and supports institutional accreditation processes.