Location: Commack, New York
Hospitality, Facility, Environmental Support
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
This is considered a relief position and will be assigned to Commack, Nassau and Westchester to fill voids in the schedules due to vacation, sick and other forms of leave as well as be assigned to those sites for any special projects.
We are seeking a Plant Operator who will be responsible for operating, maintaining and repairing MSKCC Outpatient Facilities building and physical plant machinery/equipment in accordance with required engineering practice.
- Inspect, operate and maintain all building HVAC systems and related operating components including emergency power generators and automatic transfer switches, to ensure the safe and efficient operation
- Proficient in the use and interpretation of Building Management System software applications
- Ability to read and write English proficiently (this sounds odd but I believe we have and had folks who cannot read which makes things challenging)
- Maintains an active NY drivers license ( I'm not sure we can mandate this but public transportation is very limited in the regionals and would make responding to "On Call" emergency situations very difficult. Additionally plant operators in regionals may be asked to drive MSK vehicles for assignments and etc)
- Operate, repair, replace, maintain, and install all parts of physical plant machinery and equipment
- Responds to customer questions or requests demonstrating courteous and professional customer service
- Maintains a clean, orderly and secure work environment. Ensures accurate care and use of tools, equipment, supplies and materials
- Ensure secure and safe conditions for employees and visitors and provides services to protect MSKCC buildings, assets, and premises
- Take vital precautions to follow institutional, departmental, or regulatory agency safety requirements and infection control standards
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Able to work optimally in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information.
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
You will need:
- Computer literacy requiring proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Sufficient knowledge to handle assignments of routine and non-routine difficulty with minimal or no supervision
- M-F; Day Shift This could vary based on relief needs, assignments and projects
Pay Range $44.77-$71.70
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.