Location: Austin, Texas
Internal Number: REQ-021894
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Quality is in our DNA, is it in yours?
Sonic Healthcare USA (SHUSA) has an exciting opening for a Benefits Manager in our Central office located in Austin, Texas. (Not a remote opportunity. Must be located in Austin, Texas with the ability to work in-office three days a week)
As the Benefits Manager, you are the subject matter expert for all benefits related topics. This role is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing a best-in-class employee benefits program. You will leverage your in-depth knowledge of best practices to direct and plan the day-to-day operations of SHUSA's group benefits programs. The Benefits Manager ensures the quality of the benefit plan design, partners with vendors and brokers, and provides excellent customer service to our employees.
- Administer and oversee benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, legal and accident plan, flexible spending and health spending accounts, retirement plans, etc.).
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, and compliance testing.
- Coordinate with third-party vendors and service providers to ensure accurate and timely administration of employee benefits.
- Handles benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
- Ensure plans are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations; ERISA, HIPAA, ACA, and FMLA-related requirements.
- Research employee benefits plans and vendors to identify those that present the best value. Partner with brokers and negotiate with vendors and administrators for best plans, options and pricing.
- Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions. Provide training and support to home office associates and the field staff.
- Complete benefits surveys and review information obtained from the results. Forecast trends and assist with future benefits designs. Develop specific recommendations for review by leadership.
- Monitor administrative costs of benefits programs and recommend cost containment strategies, including alternative methods for administration and funding.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures to ensure compliance with and adherence to plan design, policies, programs, procedures, contracts, coverage, reporting, and disclosure requirements for assigned benefits processes.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or a related field.
- 8-10 years of related benefits or employee benefits administration experience with a minimum of 3 years in benefits leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state benefit and leave laws.
- Prior HRIS experience; preferably Workday.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, or CEBS professional designation preferred.
- Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgments on proposals (RFPs). Knowledge of plan design and benefits contract language.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Detailed and deadline oriented with the ability to prioritize, organize and work on multiple projects in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills including, but not limited to, Excel & Word and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.