Location: Austin, Texas
Internal Number: REQ-022006
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
The A/R Coding Specialist operates as the front end coding operator in the Accounts Receivable department and will analyze and abstract pertinent information from pathology reports. The Coding Specialist will accurately identify and assign ICD-10-CM and company specific test codes that are tied to CPT/HCPCS codes on laboratory order records. As needed, the Coding Specialist will use job aids to select appropriate charges and use manual and on-line resources to research missing data. The Coding Specialist will retrieve database records and correct any errors identified by correspondence. The Coding Specialist will deliver coded documentation to pathology billing staff and ensure accurate, neat, timely, and quality completion of all transactions.
- Obtain Service Requisition forms for processing.
- Review a variety of pathology reports and code diagnoses and billable charges.
- Proficiently process pathology cases from multiple pathology scenario and contracts.
- Perform accurate sorting and filing of completed transactions.
- Maintain a daily report of all completed transactions.
- Develop skills and ability to meet production guidelines as set by A/R department policy.
- Interact effectively with Team Leads and Supervisor to resolve complex issues.
- Must have the ability to stay focused and perform job duties efficiently and accurately.
- Employee must comply with Sonic Healthcare USA compliance policy, practices, and procedures.
- Duties include but are not limited to the above mentioned responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of coding guidelines and diagnosis assignment
- Knowledge of computer technology and terminology
- Ability to type and demonstrate10 key proficiency
- Perform duties in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the company, with patients and physician office staff
- Possess effective work habits and ability to build/maintain work relationships
- Ability to read and comprehend English
- Ability to work under deadlines
- High School diploma or GED
- Typing (min 55 wpm) and 10 Key
- Coding experience/training background in coding and reimbursement
- Experience with medical/insurance billing
- Customer service experience
- Bilingual speaking skills/Spanish
- Experience in multitasking environment
- Completion of a coding certification program with approval status
- Yearly coding certification/recertification
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.