Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Internal Number: REQ-019829
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Quality is in our DNA -- is it in yours?
You put the pro in medical laboratory professional. You've got problem-solving instincts, a passion for patient care, and the technical training to deliver quality results. You're also looking for great benefits, the support of an all-star team, and an opportunity to grow your career.
Join our front line of #HealthcareHeroes! Our mission is to advance the health and wellbeing of our communities as a leader in clinical laboratory solutions. Quality is in our DNA -- is it in yours?
Location: Greensboro, NC
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: 6:00 P.M.- 2:30 A.M.
Full-time: Benefit Eligible
In this role, you will:
- Perform routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of surgical specimens for Histological processing, according to policies and procedures.
- Assure appropriate specimen accessioning and labeling.
- Perform gross description and dissection of specimens received.
- Describe gross anatomic features of routine, uncomplicated surgical specimens, and some moderate complexity specimens, ensuring that all lesions, markings and sutures are mentioned.
- Reviews clinical information provided to determine what pathologic examination is pertinent.
- Examines the gross specimen with knowledge of pathologic conditions that may be present and the questions that must be answered.
- Dictate the findings in a clear, complete, sufficient manner
All you need is:
- At minimum graduation from a school of Histotechnology accredited by CAHEA/NAACLS AND HT (ASCP)
- 1 year of laboratory training or experience performing high complexity testing
- Certification from the American Society of Clinical Pathologists or equivalent
- Strong reading, writing, and analytical skills
- Ability to operate general laboratory equipment, including but not limited to: telephones, computers, automated analyzers, centrifuges, microscopes, manual and automated pipettes, and audible alarms
Bonus points if you've got:
- 2+ years of grossing experience
We'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) plus a company match
- A sense of belonging - we're a community!
We also want you to know:
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.
Sonic Anatomic Pathology
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Greensboro Shift (United States of America)
Greensboro Pathology LLC
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.