About Children's Minnesota
Children's Minnesota is one of the largest pediatric health systems in the United States and the only health system in Minnesota to provide care exclusively to children, from before birth through young adulthood. An independent and not-for-profit system since 1924, Children's Minnesota is one system serving kids throughout the Upper Midwest at two free-standing hospitals, nine primary care clinics, multiple specialty clinics and seven rehabilitation sites. As The Kids Experts(tm) in our region, Children's Minnesota is regularly ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a top children's hospital. Find us on Facebook @childrensminnesota or on Twitter and Instagram @childrensmn. Please visit childrensMN.org.
The corporate compliance department is committed to promoting an ethical culture at Children's Hospitals and Clinics. These efforts are advanced by ensuring integrity in business practices, providing continuous education and promoting collaborative relationships with all customers.
This position will be on-site 20% of the time and remote 80% of the time at our Minneapolis Campus and is 20 hours a week.
The Children's Minnesota Internal Auditing department is looking for an Undergraduate or Graduate student to assist with a variety of audits in Finance, Accounting, Operations, Compliance, and Information Technology.
Internal Auditors identify and evaluate accounting, operating, compliance and/or technology risks and controls. Assignment to audits are based on the resource needs of each individual audit and the ability and competency of staff auditors.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform assigned duties for internal audit fieldwork and reporting.
- Assist in the preparation and updating of periodic corrective action plan follow-up reports.
- Assist in conducting internal audit risk assessment and annual audit planning.
- Participate in assigned leadership and departmental meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Assimilate, summarize and analyze information to make an independent and objective judgement on the adequacy and effectiveness of basic internal control measures.
- Familiarity with accounting concepts and theory.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Tactfully interact and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Competency in Microsoft Office products (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Preferred: Direct audit experience.
- Preferred: Ability to develop and implement data analytic techniques.
- Optional: Effectively research and interpret information available on the internet.