About Children's Minnesota
Children's Minnesota is one of the largest pediatric health systems in the United States and the only health system in Minnesota to provide care exclusively to children, from before birth through young adulthood. An independent and not-for-profit system since 1924, Children's Minnesota is one system serving kids throughout the Upper Midwest at two free-standing hospitals, nine primary care clinics, multiple specialty clinics and seven rehabilitation sites. As The Kids Experts(tm) in our region, Children's Minnesota is regularly ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a top children's hospital. Find us on Facebook @childrensminnesota or on Twitter and Instagram @childrensmn. Please visit childrensMN.org.
Health Information Management is responsible for the:
* Oversight of the quality, timeliness, and accuracy of the medical record and patient indexes for patient care, legal, revenue, research, and regulatory needs;
* Classification of diagnosis and procedures according to approved classification and nomenclatures such as ICD-9, CPT, Snomed, etc.
* Maintaining the security and integrity of health information;
* Providing documentation tools/services such as dictation, transcription, electronic templates, scribes, and paper forms;
* Collection, quality control, and dissemination of data for comparative data bases and statistical reports including specific disease and procedure registries;
* Providing access to medical record information through release of information processes.
The HIM MPI Coordinator is responsible for accurate and timely processing of both paper and electronic medical records (assembly, retrieval and filing), document imaging processes (chart preparation, indexing, scanning, and data quality/integrity), importing of electronic documentation and photographs, and monitoring and processing the electronic fax server. The HIM MPI coordinator provides customer service and responds to all service requests from both internal and external customers, which includes patient portal setup and support, release of information, and other patient information needs.
Responsible for the accurate maintenance of the Master Person Index (MPI) by performing electronic (Cerner and eClinical Works) and manual (paper chart) merges when duplicate or other medical record number issues are identified. Responsible for same and cross campus combines of Medical Record Numbers (MRN), guarantor combines, EMRN conversions, auditing of MRN and encounter duplicate creation. The HIM MPI Coordinator also supports patient matching activities for health information exchange.
This is a hybrid position and will require you be onsite at our St Paul Hospital.