Location: Poughkeepsie, New York
The Staff Radiology Technologist independently performs all exams with minimal supervision within the section employed. Serve as a positive role model, while working in collaboration with all levels of departmental personnel. In addition, the Radiographic Technologist may also perform daily and /or weekly Quality Control on Diagnostic Radiology/Fluoroscopy as required.
- Independently performs quality control procedures at the designated intervals on imaging and ancillary equipment to ensure compliance with Federal, State and DNV standards of care.
- Competently operates all units of the section's imaging equipment while performing high-quality procedures in a safe and efficient manner.
- Reviews medical record for patient history while gleaning pertinent clinical information. Shares appropriate or any unusual information with radiologists. Transfers patient to imaging table, explains procedure and position the patient according to protocol.
- Assists in the movement of patients to and from wheelchairs, stretchers and beds to and from imaging equipment /tables. Assists other staff/departments.
- Performs preceptor responsibilities for new hires and when needed, willingly instructs medical staff, and students regarding technical procedures and unit operations.
- Confirms patient identification by using at least two forms of identification as designated according to hospital policy.
- Performs procedures in a timely fashion. Takes the initiative to co-ordinate workflow.
- Provides radiation protection to patient, other staff, and self according to prescribed department safety standards.
- Tracks and verifies all studies performed and sent to PACS/Radiologist in a timely manner.
- Practices sterile technique so as to prevent cross contamination to patients, equipment and instruments.
- Adheres to all standards of patient care.
- Assists Radiologist, Nursing and/or any other Physician in the performance of procedures as required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively function as a health care team member.
- Demonstrated skills necessary to perform teaching and leadership duties as required within the job description.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills and ability to work effectively and efficiently in stressful situations.
Completion of an approved ARRT program in Radiology. CPR certification
Licenses / Certifications:
- Registered Radiographic Technologist by the American Registry of Radiology Technologists.
- Current License by New York State Department of Health.
- Appropriate Federal, State and local licensing requirements.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- The ability to effectively deal with patients, employees, physicians, other healthcare providers and visitors.
- Meets the requirements established by Employee Health Services.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley's most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area's only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.