Location: Goshen, New York
Admin / Clerical
The Senior Patient Service Representative provides on-site lead for daily operations for the medical secretary. Serves as a liaison between Practitioners and patients to coordinate successful delivery of care and services.
- Assists patients in the checking in/checking out process and completing necessary paperwork.
- Educates patients in post care instructions and their healthcare coverage responsibilities.
- Scans medical insurance information and obtains authorizations from insurance carriers for medications or make up referrals to specialists as needed.
- Scans lab reports, consultations, office notes, and messages for placement in appropriate charts.
- Pulls charts for licensed practitioner or front desk staff as needed and files completed charts appropriately.
- Forwards records to Bon Secours Charity Health or other parties as directed.
- Assists physician in obtaining patient results and scheduling office appointments when needed.
- Maintains inventory of medical supplies, immunizations, and equipment in order to request supplies in a timely manner.
- Performs routine maintenance of medical equipment including logging daily temperatures of the refrigerator/freezer.
- Logs all samples received with expiration dates, manufacturers, and lot numbers.
- Records all distributed samples by patient name, date, and number of samples given.
- Checks expiration dates on all stored medications/immunizations on a weekly basis and keeps record of all expired items that are discarded.
- Records all injections and immunizations in medication log as well as patient chart.
- Performs all functions as necessary for the successful implementation of the NYS immunization transmissions.
- Handles all questions regarding the office and procedures.
- Reviews correspondence, memoranda, and routine reports and communicates with the Office Manager.
- Oversees the daily schedule for the physician
- Understands and helps assure compliance with HIPAA.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
3-5 years experience working in a front office/secretary required. Medical Assistant experience preferred. MA or Order entry certificate preferred.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.