Responsible for performing specimen procurement procedures (venipunctures, fingersticks, heelsticks) on patients of all age groups in all areas of the hospital, including Outpatient services and off-site facilities. Will organize incoming requests for collections and respond to collections in a timely manner. Perform all collection techniques as described in the Specimen Procurement manual using any safety collection devices appropriately. Maintain supplies and performing other duties as required by Supervisor. May be required to perform duties outside the hospital confines. This position summary contains the most relevant duties and responsibilities and does not exclude other assignments not mentioned.
1. Six (6) months experience in a hospital setting preferred.
2. Must demonstrate commitment and adherence to STHS’s Compliance Program and Code of Conduct through compliance with all policies and procedures, the Code of Conduct, attendance at required training and immediately reporting suspected compliance issue(s) to the Compliance Officer.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
1. High School diploma, GED or Higher Education required.
2. Phlebotomy Certification from an accredited national credentialing agency (ASCP, NCA, etc) preferred
3. Must be able to travel to other facilities as needed for job
4. New hires as of September 19, 2017 must:
a. Have one year previous phlebotomy experience to meet minimum requirements or be indexed into the pay grade upon completion of meeting requirements within one year of employment.
b. Take the ASCP, NCA or NCCT exam within the first year of employment, pass the exam and maintain new certification.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.